Do you have any bananas that look like they have seen better days? Perfect!
Make use of them in this banana nut muffins recipe!
Yummy and delicious way to start your day or even for an afternoon snack.
Y’all this is the right way to get bananas gone in this house. Well, maybe when I make banana bread but that’s for another day.
Enjoy these amazing banana nut muffins!
In His Grace,
Banana Nut Muffins
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- muffin pan
- spoon or spatula
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped + more for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and fold in until just mixed. Then, fold in the walnuts.
- Fill muffin pan cups to about 4/5 full. Top with additional walnuts, if desired.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!